Welcome to Yoga Voice! The idea for this podcast came as I crossed the Australian desert on my motorcycle. I rode 19000 klm around Australia and listened to a lot of podcasts along the way. I was influenced and inspired by what I was listening to and wanted to create a conversation about yoga with the beautiful and brave people who teach it. When Im riding I experience moments of profound clarity and presence. I become open to receive the teachings in whatever form they may come and am inspired to bring the practice into everything that I do. It is from this space of deep gratitude and wild adventure that Yoga Voice was born. I hope you enjoy and contribute to the evolving conversation of yoga.

You can download the show by going to Itunes here or you can click on the link to the right for the latest shows and that will take you to a site where you can listen or download without using Itunes.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lawrence Jacob Milman

I first met Lawrence during an Anusara immersion in Sydney, Australia. Lawrence was already Anusara Inspired and had been a dedicated teacher for years. What I noticed right away was how engaged and curious he was in the material that he had studied time and time again.  His desire to learn all that he can about this practice is clear and it's that same desire and dedication that will allow him to keep evolving as a student and teacher and inspire others to do the same. One year later I moved back to Vancouver only to find Lawrence teaching at Yyoga! He calls many places home and unfortunately his time in Vancouver was transitory, Sydney's got him now! Lawrence seems to have a surplus of energy and I found myself getting more and more excited as our conversation grew legs.  Before this interview I had decided I was going to make the podcasts shorter and then Lawrence bounced through my door and it's the longest one yet! Its worth it though and for the first time in Yoga Voices long time history we talk about ......John Friend.......and Lawrence says some yoga type things in Russian.

His newest home and my favorite yoga studio in all of Sydney, Preshana Yoga Studio.  You're in for a good time Sydneysiders
http://preshanayoga.com.au/home/index.html

His blog
http://thefreedomyogaproject.blogspot.ca/

Pure Yoga Hong Kong, where Lawrence and many other amazing people have taught and learned.
http://www.pure-yoga.com/en/hongkong/teachers/index.php?teacher_id=194

Ill keep you posted on his Russian Studio. 


Oh and LIKE my page :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoga-Voice/163052797149086

AND follow me on Twitter @YogavoicePod

Thank you so so so much for listening
xo
Stacey 

No comments:

Post a Comment