Welcome to Yoga Voice! The idea for this podcast came as I crossed the Australian desert on my motorcycle. I rode 19000 klm around Australia and listened to a lot of podcasts along the way. I was influenced and inspired by what I was listening to and wanted to create a conversation about yoga with the beautiful and brave people who teach it. When Im riding I experience moments of profound clarity and presence. I become open to receive the teachings in whatever form they may come and am inspired to bring the practice into everything that I do. It is from this space of deep gratitude and wild adventure that Yoga Voice was born. I hope you enjoy and contribute to the evolving conversation of yoga.

You can download the show by going to Itunes here or you can click on the link to the right for the latest shows and that will take you to a site where you can listen or download without using Itunes.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Sjanie McInnis

Sjanz, as she is affectionately called, let me interview her for 90 whole minutes, all while her little bambinos snoozed. Sjanie, without a doubt, has been a very influential teacher in my life. Because of this I had a family of hyper active butterflies in my belly even though I have known her for years and she is one of the most accessible and humble teachers going. I wanted to do her students proud, she is so loved and I didn't want people to be listening and cursing my name because I didn't ask the questions they would have asked or I didn't allow space for her to drop any thought bombs. Lucky for me it's not hard to get the goods from Sjanie and no matter what she will make you stop and think. I was worried though, as I always am after an interview, that I didn't quite "get it" or that I didn't get to the heart of the teacher and that I didn't live up to my intention which is to add to the deeper conversation of yoga and possibly a deeper understanding of the teachings, possibly. Im going to keep on plugging away at it though and learn from each one because my motorcycle and the desert told me to.
Listen to her interview and then go to her blog to find out everything you need to know. 
http://heavymetta.ca/?page_id=1262.

She will also be teaching at the Wanderlust Festival in Whistler, B.C.  http://whistler.wanderlustfestival.com/

Are you going to Wanderlust?? Yes! lets play, it will be oh so fun!


Thank You for listening!
I would love to hear from you
email me yogavoicepodcast@gmail.com

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yoga-Voice/163052797149086?ref=hl
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment